Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jughead

It is soooo back!!! I haven’t screamed like that in months! Episode 3 of the Fifth Season of LOST. They still got it.

Welcome all to a new week and where I share my thoughts about the best show on t.v., LOST. Strong episode after a good season premiere last week. I watch the show on delay because I can’t take waiting through the commercials. So I can see the minutes tick away at the bottom of the screen, wishing, hoping the the episode would last a little longer. That it would tell me a little more. But alas, they leave me and ever other fan wanting more. Best line of the night, “Put the gun down, Widmore.” SCREAM!!! I can’t stand it.

Summary

I like the fact that old Locke seems to be back. More decisive, more in control. I am loving Farraday’s character. I always worry when a new cast comes along, but they are so well written, it works. I was afraid for a few minutes when they started talking about Others. I was seeing a whole new story arch. Come to find out, it’s the future them in the past. It was touching that Desmond named his son Charlie.

Connections

There weren’t many connections this time. But few that there were was more than enough. When Desmond went to find Theresa, the address had the numbers in it. The woman who was helping Desmond at the library was the same flight attendant that helped Hurley get on the Oceanic flight at the last minute. Desmond named his son after Charlie, which was really touching. Widmore had Namaste paintings on the wall of his office.

The biggest connection is that Widmore was an “Other” in the episode. What could have happened to make him leave? Ben isn’t born yet, so how does Ben assuming leadership of the Others tie in? Widmore said Ben broke the rules. That whole discovery is going to be good.

The biggest connection is that Locke tells Richard that he is their leader and that Richard will visit him at the hospital during his birth in 2 years. So in Locke’s flashback we see Richard at the hospital. It seems odd. Richard is fulfilling his destiny. He visits Locke as a young boy and asks him to pick the right item. Locke ignores the compass, the same compass that Richard will give him in the future, and picks the knife. Locke isn’t ready. Richard tries again when Locke is teenager, but Locke chooses sports and fun instead of going to island. I love how things are making more sense. TPTB do know what they’re doing!!!

Question

- Any guesses on who Ellie, the young woman Other that Daniel couldn’t take his eyes off is? I’m guessing a young Mrs. Hawking. It would make sense that they all knew each other. Just read it, Mrs. Hawking first name is Eloise. Eloise=Ellie. Daniel’s mouse was named Eloise after her. If that’s true, I buy less that Mrs. Hawking is his mother, he either didn’t know or didn’t seem that surprised. Could have been a good bluff. But I do think she was Mrs. Hawking but she is not his mother.

- What is going to happen to Charlotte? Will she live to find out where she was born? Why is this shift affecting her so badly and everyone else experiences them fine?

For the first time I feel all my questions will be answered. And not in a bad way…the show is making sense! Except for the fact that we don’t know how or why they are going back to the island, how Daniel figures into all this, who and what is Jacob and will the Losties ever be happy…I’m good.

Conclusion

Just a side note, The LOST Weekend is in Los Angeles this coming April. I went in 2007 and it was pretty fun. I was able to meet tone of the executive producers of LOST as well as some of the cast (Rose, Bernard, Yemi, Sun’s Dad, Dr. Katz and Shannon). I plan to go this year, if only to enjoy a beautiful hotel in Hollywood and lounge by the pool. The LOST dinner, dance and silent auction was fun too! More details later but I would love the company. But I can also be a mega nerd all by myself.

Loving the show as always…until next week…c-ya!

No comments: