Thursday, March 05, 2009

LaFleur

Announcements

Lost Fan Weekend is April 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2009 in LA. If anyone is interested in enjoying a relaxing Saturday in Hollywood…sight seeing…lounging by the pool...oh and being surrounded by uber-nerds and talking LOST, let me know. I met Rose, Bernard, Yemi, Shannon, and Dr. Artz last time. Really nice hotel, silent auction, dinner and dance. The shag was cool too!

Summary

Great episode. All character development. Best lines go to Sawyer. Referring to Miles as Bonzai. And my favorite, “Your buddy out there with the eyeliner.” If that was not a shout out to the fans and their constant reference to Richard’s thick eyelashes, I don’t know what is. Beautiful!

What I liked most about the episode was how we got old Sawyer and bad ass Juliet. Sawyer falling back on his old skills of a con and Juliet as the best right hand man in history. Sawyer was wise, intelligent and very sexy. We knew Juliet would not be able to leave. I am very interested to see how the whole love triangle plays out. Not good so far since Sawyer didn’t just say, “There back!” but instead kept Juliet in the dark. I don’t think Kate deserves his love.

Connections

The four-toed statue was seen from the back. Daniel believes he has seen Charlotte as a child. The dates don’t exactly match, but close enough. When Sawyer wakes up from being unconscious, Horace asks if “How’s you head.” Sawyer says, “It hurts.” They each said the reverse when Horace wakes up from his bender. We know how Daniel is seen working for Dharma in one of the flashes.

Questions

Adjusting Time – Daniel said that whatever happens happened. So they are able to interact with the people in 1974. Does that mean they can now change the future? Will there next move be to stop Ben, the purge and eventually their plane from crashing? Daniel mumbles that he will not tell Charlotte to never come back to the island. Does he change his mind or will he in effect change the future?

Richard Alpert – I guess I thought since he was part of the island, that he knew everything. He didn’t seem to ask Sawyer as many questions as I thought he should. Why were the Others harassing Paul and Amy? Why kill them for having a picnic? How would taking Paul’s dead body back avenge their death – or would it just explain the situation by bringing proof that it was in self defense?

Babies – Is the purge the reason women can no longer have babies on the island? The intern was concerned about delivering a breech baby, not that the mother and child may die. Is Amy’s baby somehow special? He is about 30 in real-time. LOST never really introduces things without a reason.

Timeline – Since this was more of a character episode and didn’t reveal too many plot questions, I am just curious about the timeline. Why is it so important that they are stuck in this genre above the other ones? What is the significance of being there in the late ‘70’s? This is even before Ben comes to the island as a 10 year-old boy. I really intrigued by how they are tying things up. I read this great analogy that it was like puzzle pieces thrown on the ground and we sometimes complete the sky and clouds and other times the barn. Sometimes we start working on a piece we ignored on the puzzle box. That is what LOST is.

Conclusion

No LOST next week. I am not sure what is in on but it is not more important than LOST. After seeing the preview for next episode, I had an epiphany about the direction of the show. I will save it until I see it to gauge if I am right. But I am loving the way it’s going. Enjoy your week off. I will be chomping at the bit! Until then…c-ya.

No comments: