Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Package

Hello all! I am currently on Spring Break so forgive me for my delay in completing this in a timely manner. I was hard at work doing absolutely nothing and I am exhausted! Actually having a 10 & 12 yr old girls running around fighting over invisible looks that “bother me” and constant requests for to be fed kept me occupied. But their fighting is now at a low roar and no one has drawn blood (yet) so I am going to try and get this out before I have to make meaningless threats of physical violence and taking away their remote controls. Yeah…like I want to be around them with no tv! Oh how I love stay-cations! Anyway...on with the show.

Summary

It’s hard for me to say this was a good episode after Richard’s flashback. It was nice to see Jin and Sun together in the flash sideways, although not married and still under her father’s thumb. They still don’t know that her father was trying to kill Jin since it was said in English and there is no indication that either know English yet. Sun learned it in the original time line to get away from Jin, but that wasn’t the case in this alternate version. I think it’s easy to assume that they go to the nearest hospital and Dr. Shepherd is on call. Although according to what I have gleamed from Grey’s Anatomy, an OB surgeon would take the case not him. But we shall see how that pans out.

For those of you who guessed Desmond was the package (me included!), congratulations. Now keep your ideas about the ending to yourself! ☺ I thought it was pretty obvious that it was him because it had to be someone important to the story that got off the island. Michael is dead, could have been Walt but I wasn’t feeling that. I hope Walt is destined to be a bigger part of the ending on the “good” side. Could have been Aaron or Ji Yeon but then you would have to have a nanny and that’s too complicated. Had to be Desmond, he was the only one left alive. I don’t know why Widmore would jeopardize his relationship with his daughter by taking the man she loves, but we shall see.

Found two great quotes from tonight's episode:
Sawyer: "Why don't you just turn to smoke and float over there?"
SM Locke: "James, I can't do that."
Sawyer: "Oh right, that would be ridiculous."

Also:
Miles: "Are we supposed to believe that she's suddenly lost her ability to speak English?"
Frank Lupidus: "...says the man that communicates with the dead."

Sawyer and Kate seemed pretty useless in this episode as well as Ben and the Others on the beach. I hope Lost picks things up because it is getting harder for me to defend where they are going and the time its taking to get there. Nonetheless, I am still a big fan.

Connections

Mikhail who was on the island as an Other at the Flame station and now is in the Flash Sideways to translate for Keamy. Mikhail is shot in the eye by Jin and on the island he wore an eye patch over that same eye. Sun’s hotel room was on the 8th floor, room 842. The brainwash room is #23. Both SM Locke and the original Locke enter Sun’s garden and say, “Bad day?” to her.

Questions

Desmond – Why was Desmond brought back to the island? He met Jack back in LA and bought Libby’s boat. He was Daniel’s constant and existed for him as a focal point in different timelines. Daniel’s mother spoke to him about fate and how it would course correct if he interfered. He had visions of Charlie’s death and tried to stop it repeatedly to no avail. He married and had a son with Penny, Widmore’s daughter. He was told he could save the world by pushing the button in the hatch. He turned the key that brought down Flight 815. What is his significance to the island and why was he seemingly a package delivered to it?

Cease to Be – Interesting choice of words from Widmore. If the SM gets off the island, those that we love will cease to be. Does that mean those that they love will no longer be those that love or will they not exist? I am starting to think it’s that it will change their reality and thus the flash sideways that we are seeing now. Basically SM gets off the island and time is changed to the flash sideways. So those that they love will no longer be in their lives or be there in a dramatically different way. I think the fear has been that it means death or destruction or evil in the world. I think it just means different. Much like I don’t see good or evil, just fate and choice. And fate puts them in each others lives anyway based on their new set of choices.

The Candidates – So I was correct in a way that SM Locke is looking for candidates too. He needs the ones that are potential Jacob candidates to turn and join his side. The other people are just peripheral and some are to lure the key people to come. Having one Kwon means the other will come too. Having Claire means he gets Kate. Having Kate means he gets Jack and Sawyer. Ben is a master manipulator and having him on his side is an asset as well as Richard, although neither are required. He already has Sayid. I think he needs them for balance. I think ultimately Hurley will be key. We could guess he needed a body to make the transition off the island. It will be interesting to find out how it all works.

The War – Widmore predicted the war in the first place and now he is here seemingly the cause of the war. It’s clear by him bring scientist before and now to the island that he wants to get the electromagnetic and other special properties of the island. He also cannot let SM go while he does that, for reasons like the one I suggested above. Is it all just as simple as that? If it is, would that be disappointing? Since Jacob is dead, how does the Candidate fit into this war?

Conclusion

Only 6 episodes left. If you watched the promo for next week, you will notice quite of few things will be resolved. I won’t get into it, of course, but I am glad to know that they are going to kick it into high gear. I am ready to move this train to the finish line! We should also see more familiar faces from Season 2 as promised and I am excited to learn how they will be introduced. Again, stay away from those spoilers…only 7 hours of this show left. That’s less than a normal workday. Not my normal workday…but I’ve heard things. Anyway until next week…take care. C-ya!

1 comment:

LOSTMyMind said...

Damn, totally forgot. Could we get a Juliet sighting at the hospital?