Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Whole Truth

I know I'm late, Ryan. I am starting to get some semblance of a life! :) Is that alright with you!!!

Hi all! We have some new members to the Lost cult. We will get them all!!! (Insert evil laugh here). I think I am going to become more organized in thought. So to summarize the show you really have to do it on 3 levels...General summary, Connections and Questions.

Okay....on to the show.

Summary:

Good episode. More background. Small clues this week, more character development. Always look at the show titles for clues. This week, "The Whole Truth" - the quest for them to learn the truth about Henry and to learn about Sun's pregnancy. Both of which still leave questions. I loved Charlie this week. He is becoming sharper as the weeks roll by, a little crazy, but also sharp. Of course Sawyer's "Sunshine" nickname. Always good ones. I think the episode drew more lines for us between who will eventual become enemies and allies. Henry yet again proving he is an Other more and more. I truly believe he is part of the experiment. He is not there to hurt them....but to push the experiment in more directions. He makes them question their humanity (Sayid), the trust issues (Locke and Jack), logic (being in the hatch, map) - in every way. Of course if he was an Other he would have seen the real Henry land in the hot air balloon. So Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie finding it means nothing. Also if the Others were observing...not to hard to make that happen. Remember rain=others. Always a tie between the two.


Connections:

The name of the pregnancy test company was Widmore. The same name as the construction company that was in Charlie's flashback episode. Also the name of the construction company Michael worked for.

When Locke said the "running like the devil is chasing you" comment to Ana Lucia, It was the same exchange between Desmond and Jack in the stadium back in Australia.

Pregnancy test - someone on the plane thought they were pregnant? Who? Some think Shannon. Has to be someone who is still there and no point for it to be Shannon, she's dead. But I think probably Libby (Psychologist). There has got to be a reason...they never show something just for the heck of it. And it wasn't already on the island, no Hanso logo.

I think Ana Lucia and Sayid just may hook up eventually. But its gonna take him breaking down in front of her..angry love. :)

I found the dialogue between Sawyer and Bernard on the beach. I didn't post it because there are no real clues there...small talk. But I think there is a BIG connection between that and Walt. Perhaps Walt is speaking in another language? Much like how Jin hears it the same way as Shannon. I always assumed it was because of some sort of time shift and that's why they hear it at a different speed and backwards. I think there is more to it than that. Would Jin understand if Walt talked to him? That would be a cool twist!

The 2 books: Are you there God, it's me Margaret...which I loved as a kid (We must, we must, we must increase our busts!) Story about a preteen girl who grew up with no religion, one parent Christian and the other Jewish. It explored her quest for a single religion as well as liking boys and general pre-teen crap.

And The Brother Karamazov - To sum it up - A Russian book about brothers who have kill their father with different levels on complicity.

The literary stuff is too deep for me....just give me the rain, Hanso logos and black smoke any day!

Questions:

No one found it odd that Charlie had a gun? Of all people. Not to mention I thought Ana Lucia noticed his clothing and put it together that he was the one that took Sun. But alas no.

Is Jin the father? Now the show plays many tricks on us..with Sun's reactions and smiles. If she really questioned how he could be fertile now and not before, why not ask Jack? He is a doctor. Ask about the odds of the original diagnosis being wrong. She responded "its complicated." Not the same as its not suppose to be possible. Why are Sun and Locke hiding their miraculous physical changes? I think because for Locke it was all psychological and for Sun it's not Jin's. Sometimes the correct explanation is the obvious one. Sun is also a smart woman. She knows what the pregnancy can mean being on the island - possible abduction. Is she afraid of what it could be? I think there is very little chance of her having this baby on the island. I cannot see that in her future. But it could be an interesting twist. But think about it...we are on day 60-65 in Lost land, and its season 2. That baby is not going to be here any time soon.

I like Sun...but I think she is lying through her teeth. She tells him you're sterile. But I never slept with anyone else. Of course he doesn't want to face the fact that he could have been sterile and happily accepts he's the father. But the dates don't really add up...she slept with him just 2 weeks ago when he came back from the raft....they have only been there 60 days total. For her to have those symptoms takes time. She is crafty. Everyone has secrets on this island. And their character flaws revealed.

The previews for next week looked great! I heard Desmond is the voice on the loud speaker as the walls come down. I have no doubt that Henry does something to cause the walls to come down. Locke and him are trapped inside together. Can't wait!!!

That's all I have for now.

C-ya!!!

No comments: