Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Season 2 - Final Thoughts

I told you I needed time to reflect more!

Funny to open my email and hear from YOU. Oh what will we do without our shows??? Perhaps talk to our family, go out doors...maybe even pick up a book? NAW!

I think the foot ties into the whole cloning thing. Perhaps not everything comes out right. Or maybe the whole time shift thing and that statue is left over from another time and another civilization. We don't know how old the island is. There is a quote from the play, Headlong Hall, "Here you see is the pedestal of a statue, with only half a leg and four toes remaining: there were many here once." I have tried to hunt down more about that but it has eluded me. So I am going with Lost civilization for now.


I think that them having names just shows that they are not the Others we thought. Everything is a lie, from the beard to their camp to their names. I have not found in any connections with their names and the Losties.

The Dickens book, Our Mutual Friend, It centers on the theme of "money, money, money, and what money can make of life". A young man is on his way to receive his inheritance, which he can only claim if he marries a beautiful, mercenary girl whom he has never met. However, before he can arrive, a body is found in the Thames and identified as him. The money passes on, instead, to the Boffins, and the effects spread throughout various corners of London society. Ties to Lost? Desmond is presumed dead but he isn't on his way to be with the woman he loves, or more correctly, redeem his honor for the one he loves.

Below is the email I was typing...just some final thoughts:

Hi all. Cant let go yet.

We took the quiz during the party and there were a few outstanding questions. We knew the answers just kept changing them in the wrong order.

Sayids university: Cairo University

Boones blood type: A Negative

Charlies tattoo: Living is easy with your eyes shut.

Sawyers book: Watership Down

I had another quick question: If Rose and Locke were cured by the island. If the Electro-magnet field is destroyeddoes that mean they will get sick again?

Okay. I thought it was a solid season. I loved the lines by Sawyer. Charlies transformation. The introduction of Echo. I liked Jin and Suns relationship. Absolutely love Sayids strength.

I hated Lockes struggle and hope to see him recover from his latest mistake. I also didnt like the whole Michael thing. The deaths seemed pointless.

The show has resolved the issue with the electromagnetic field, the numbers, the computer. More questions about the Others, the experiment, and why them?

I think the new direction of the show might be more contact between real-time on the island, real-time in the world and flashbacks (Libby, Claire (no big prior connection to another Lostie), the Real Sawyer). If the charade is over, will we learn more about the experiment? I am excited to see what possible direction it can still go in, without revealing too much and keeping us interested. Sadly, I cant see it going for more that 2 more seasonsunless you add new characters or another crash. Perhaps the Others will get flashbacks?

I am going to stick with my unsubstantiated theory:
These people have some connections, but most are purely coincidental. They have flaws and issues to resolve, but are basically good people. They were all on the same flight and the flight was brought down by a mistake that occurred on a hidden island that is being used for experimentation by the Hanso Foundation. The electromagnetic pulse disrupted cabin pressure and tore the plane apart. Once on the island, some where chosen to be exempt from the experiment. I believe they were released. Others were chosen to be part of the experiment such as Aaron and Walt. The main characters naturally just gravitated to it by their curiosity. Once you are on the island, you cannot leave. The island cannot be found because not only is the EM keeping it hidden, but also there is a shift in time. The Others want to continue their experiment with those that are chosen to be special from the group. Since they have contact with the outside work, they know who they want. Widmor Corporation funds the Hanso Corporation. The monster are rifts in time as well as the voices. They want to be left alone to experiment, but they need 2 more people, Walt and Aaron. As a result, the experiment has been compromised. Everything else is wild hoaxes to keep everything secret. There are cameras and surveillance throughout the island, which is why they are always a step ahead of them. I believe Penny is tracking the EMP or she has a tracking device on the boat and when the EMP occurred, it allowed the signal to get through. Henry is a higher up and once in the trap, wanted to learn more about the personalities of the Losties. He was intel 100%. I believe they still want Aaron and eventually Suns child. But like Alex, they dont hurt the children, she became part of the experiment. I believe that Walt is not Walt. Perhaps a twin. I thought that Lost was more like the movie Unbreakable with Bruce Willis. I wont spoil the ending, but disasters occurred in an attempt to find the hero. I thought that people were put together in an attempt to get them on the island for experimentation. But no way to control who lives and who dies? So I think it was an accident for them to be therebut the once they are there, they are forced to stay and participate. But the more I thinkthe more I change and twist my theory. Not to mention actual proof that typically blows it all to hell!

Anyway.good night and good luck.

No comments: