Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Glass Ballerina

I know, I know. I SWEAR it will never happen again! I was working on a grant for work that I am not even suppose to be working on and went to sleep at 3am.no Lost. So I came to work to watch it streaming (sucked) and got so frustrated I went home and watched it. So now I am back at work (for my supervisor who may be part of the email discussion!) and ready to discuss. So enough with that..on to the discussion. Short one this week guys.

Summary & Questions

WHORE!!! Okay...I just had to say that. I love Sun.but oh my gosh.I was snowed. She did cheat. It's not Jin's baby. There are no mystical powers on the island. So everyone has a skeleton in their closet. This whole show illustrated that Sun will lie in her own best interest. Now Jin can still be the father by some miracle. I felt that he might be just happy that they will have a child, no matter whose it is. He seemed to believe her when she told him she was pregnant that she wasn't sleeping with anyone else. But he does know her potential treachery. She definitely needs to be watched. I am just curious as to why she lied on the boat about Jin not wanting to go to the other side? Sayid and Jin wanted the same thing, why did she say Jin didn't? I will have to re-watch that and really get what that was all about. I thought it was also interesting that she did know what Jin did for her dad. Assumed she didn't and thought he was just working hard all the time. Speaks to her character yet again.

I will now admit I was wrong in my assumption last week that the 2 weeks have gone by. Whatever is going to happen to Katie is happening right now. I thought it was interesting that Alex (the girl in the bushes) mentioned the dress Kate is wearing. Perhaps to indicate that she was once resistant and then assimilated into the colony? On the podcast the writers state that Karl is not a plant and we will learn more. That is also suggested by Alex saying he wasn't supposed to be in the cage. Perhaps put there due to defiance? It seems the Others think like Sayid, I will take 2, 1 to torture and the other to make them do what I want them to. Kate is the one they will torture to make Sawyer stay in line.

Great lines by Sawyer."Shortcake" and "How dare you!" Good to see those are back this season. When Sawyer watched Colleen and that dude kiss, it was clear that he was evaluating their behavior, and the fake escape to evaluate their strength. Kate seems pretty helpless. What the heck happened to her character?!? Jack is like a beaten man. It will be interesting to see what they want from him.

Ben didn't know about the boat because he thought it was destroyed. Does he want the boat to leave.or just to protect himself? Are the vaccinations to protect the Others from the diseases the Lost folks might bring? If they were raised there, they might now have the same immunities to things. They seem to know about ALL of the Losties. Again, why choose those specific 3? They are answering last season's questions but creating new ones. Are they the Others or is there still another group? If he was raised there all his life, were the scientists his parents?

Connections

The number on Jae's hotel room (Sun's lover) is 1516. When Sun was playing the piano, the counter purposely showed 108. The comment Alex made about the dress is the similar to the same one Libby made to Claire on the beach, "That's my shirt. It's okay, it looks better on you." Something like that. The big connection was Ben trying to convince Jack that the outside world still exists. By saying, "You elected Your President Bush to a second term". Indicating that he does not identify with the US, that even though they seem American, they have created their own nation, country.which makes sense, they are on a deserted island. Mentioning Christopher Reeves passing. Jack is a spinal surgeon and was able to make his wife walk again, keeping her from death. And the last one, the Red Sox winning the World Series. Jack's dad's line was, "that's why the Red Sox will never win the series" to Sawyer implying he did not believe in hope and faith. Jack said this to Sawyer on the island, which is when Sawyer knew he had been talking to Jack's dad. Great connection!

Conclusion

On one hand, I am glad that they are dispelling some myths we have had. On the other, I just hope that the explanation is as good as the theories. I look forward to next week's episode to find out about Locke/Desmond/Echo. Curious to see how the Others will take to one of their own being shot. They really need to speed things along with Jack though. That will be getting old really soon. Love the show, love you all, see ya next week!

On time.I swear!

No comments: