Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Further Instructions

Hey All!
Yes, oh yes, you are not mistaken. An actual
Wednesday night email?!? I am getting back on
track! Okay, obviously written last night but not
sent. I WAS on track. No more wine with LOST.
New Rule.I just had a few things to say about the Glass
Ballerina episode:

Some people believe that Sun killed Jae. Since time
is not necessarily linear, if we see Sun with those
pearls on in another flashback, then she killed him. I
also think when Colleen said - Sun, we know your
not a killer. Then Sun shoots her proving that she
is. I think they assume she is not because of what
they have seen, she has been so docile. But lots of
people are being revealed as a killer. Hmm, I like
to think that it was just a suicide, but you know Lost.Sayid is reading Rousseau’s map to track the 4
Losties. Why didn’t she know about the colony?
And why hasn’t she run into Alex all these years?
They also keep making references to time, “This was
here a long time ago.” The dock is overrun and not
used. But there are obvious inhabitants on this
island. I am beginning to believe the 2 Others
theory. But then why wouldn’t the Others be afraid
of running into, well, the other Others?!?
Okay..enough of that!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary
Anyway, great episode this week! A lot this season,
not revealing the ending or explanation of Lost, but
more into the characters. CLUES EVERYWHERE!!! I
just don’t know what the hell they mean. This was a
tough one for me this week, but I am convinced of 2
things: Time travel/shift is involved and/or Hurley is
the key. I will throw my wild theory as to why in a
little bit. But for now, back to the format!
DUDE! Love the lines. Charlie was hilarious. I loved
Hurley. “Are you alone, brotha?” “Yeah.” “Whoah!
I’m not alone!” Too funny.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Connections
Everyone thought that there was some connection
to the farmers and the Others. There may be in the
future, but not now. Zeke, Tom, lady from the boat
were not the farmers. But I wouldn’t be surprised if
Eddie shows up on this island somewhere. And no
Eddie is not Karl. I don’t like them throwing in all
these people without connections. But perhaps 6
months from now we will be watching the show and
say, "Hey! There goes the farmer!" Maybe they
may want us to back off and little and just watch
the darn show! But now I can’t imagine not sitting
there with my notebook and pencil poised and my
Tivo remote control in hand to watch and re-watch
scenes.The address information on Eddie’s FBI sheet had the
numbers. Some of the skeletal remains where
wearing Dharma uniforms. We finally get to see,
what is obviously a genetically engineered polar
bear. They are vicious, but come on. That thing
was crazy. Could that be our Monster? Perhaps
then we only have to try to figure out the smoke!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Questions
Okay. When Desmond referenced Locke’s speech I
was screaming, YES!!! Time Shift! Perhaps. I have
always maintained that the time on the island is not
constant. That when we saw Walt, the whispers
and the talking backwards, it was people talking but
maybe on a different plane of time. Then when
Desmond referenced a conversation that hadn't
happened yet, not to mention their loss of time
between the hatch blowing and them showing up, it
was more evidence. But what if Desmond is
referencing the past as he sees it? He was saying it
in the past tense. So for him and what he saw
already happened, not a forecast of the future. Walt
as well, referencing things that have already
happened. Even the flashbacks are always
referencing things in the past and
how they affect them now. I need more, but I am
thinking about it.

The other option is that now after the blast, they
have been changed. Desmond now has
precognition. Perhaps the rest will change in some
way. He seems to be calmer now. Someone
mentioned that perhaps Desmond is dead and he is
Hurley’s vision like how Boone was Locke’s. He didn’t
really interact with anyone. And why the heck
doesn’t anyone (The Others) care that the hatch is
now gone. No more button to push. I definitely
need to watch for more about that.

I believe Hurley is the key to everything. I am going
to have to re-watch when he was talking to
Desmond, but he seemed to be saying a lot of things
that could possible be true.

I found it interesting that Locke couldn’t speak due
to something psychological that happened. Perhaps
like when he couldn’t walk. Pointing to the powers of
the island not existing in the island but within them.
He is always the Super Chump. I will be interested
to see the rest of that flashback and if he ends up
shooting Eddie. Hard to believe they would just let
an FBI agent walk away. Remember Sun was
suppose to have been faithful and then BAM!
Naked! It would be one of the biggest “Ah-Ha’s” yet
if he and Hurley truly hurt someone.

The bear cave was the Pearl station. So many
bones - other accidental crash, part of an
experiment, staging, what!?! Never figured out
about the toy truck though. I hope more to come
about that one!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conclusion

I liked the episode. It was great to see Boone
again. Next week should be slow as it is just them
torturing the hell out of Sawyer. The Canadian
preview (or maybe mine just caught off) has Ben
saying, “The only way to gain the respect of a con
man is to con him.” Lovely little riddle. I would like
to think it reveals more of their plan but I doubt it.
Still, can’t wait!

Bye!

No comments: