Wednesday, May 02, 2007

D.O.C. (From Last Week)

Hey everybody! For those of you who don’t know, I went to the Bahamas last week for my dad’s wedding. Had a great time, but now I am back! So back to work. No, not the one I get paid for, the Lost Blog. So below is the blog from last week. I was going to just throw something up but it was SUCH a great episode I really needed to focus and really absorb it. And I can’t combine it with this week because whatever I thought was going on last week, could be not true this week!

Summary
To refresh your memory, it was called D.O.C. (Date of Conception) and it featured a flashback of Sun and Jin, interaction between Sun and Juliette, Naomi and the guys in the jungle. I thought it was excellent. Some funny lines, Hurley testing the satellite phone by saying, “Mom?” and Mikhail commenting on Naomi healing fast, “yeah, you’re right…it might take a day and a half”. I loved Jin kicking his butt. It’s about time the Losties were on the winning end of a fight.

Connections
This is the first time a father-son issue is positive. The baby is Jin’s and his father seemed to love him. This is a direct contradiction to everyone else who has had daddy issues. In fact, Jin seems to be doing pretty good on the island. Everyone comes to him for help, he is learning English, can kick an Others ass, his wife loves him again and is carrying his baby. Not sure what it means, but it may be important in the future. The parallel in the story is that HIS father doesn’t know if he is his true father and Sun didn’t know if he was the true father of her baby. Every time Sun is in the garden something bad happens. She was attacked by Charlie, Jin destroyed it once during a fight, always something significant.

Naomi saying that the plane was found and everyone is dead was eerie. It was similar to the walkie talkie scene when they said we are the survivors of 815 and the response was no, we are the survivors of 815, which turned out to be the Tailies. Could some of the survivors been found and lead everyone to believe that everyone else was dead? How do Cindy and the kids figure into this? Remember they seemed not to be affected by the fact that they were still stranded. It really got me thinking about time travel. Maybe they will be found in the future and those that want to stay will stay and the ones that leave swear to never reveal the island and that everyone else is dead. It’s a stretch…but anything is possible on Lost island.

Sun was trying to protect Jin by paying the blackmailer (Jin’s mom). But by doing so, sold out Jin, which lead him to work for her father, which ended in the destruction of their marriage. Not a true Catch-22 but similar to other Losties trying to do something to avoid something else and then something worse happening.

Naomi was speaking 5 languages (English is 1):
“I am dying” in Spanish, “Help me, I’m dying” in Italian, “What happened” in Chinese, “I am not alone” in Portuguese.

Questions
Pregnancy
Now, we know Juliette hates Ben. She is doing whatever she can to stay alive and to get off the island. I believe everything she said the Sun was accurate and correct. If the room was where women came to die, could that be why quarantine is written on the inside of the hatches leading out? Perhaps they at one time thought that something outside was killing the unborn children.

I don’t believe they knew Sun was pregnant and it will be an added surprise for Ben. He said he would get Juliette more women to study. I think we know what Ben meant when he told Kate on the beach that it was going to be a rough 2 weeks. I think they were playing with her emotions and waiting for her to ovulate. Then they encouraged a situation in which she would have sex. She was in a cage and if you have been watching how they try to make panda bears mate, it makes sense. Every action movie the male & female characters fall into each others arms at some point, same thing here. Additionally, Danny wanted to kill Sawyer since they no longer needed him. If men have 3x the sperm count, they only needed him to have sex with Kate once. I am curious to know what other samples Juliette was taking from the women. It obviously is not to help them.

Mikhail
Remember when Ms. Klugh asked Michael if he had ever seen Walt in a place he wasn’t suppose to be? Well, I thought she was referring to Desmond. But it is shaping up to be more like Mikhail. Which makes more sense since Mikhail and Ms. Klugh were later together. If Locke can go from total paralysis to walking, maybe Mikhail’s gift is the ability to regenerate himself. I don’t think he is a clone because as my coworker RG said, why create a clone with an eye patch? I don’t think they all can come back to life because why burn Colleen at sea? Not to mention, Danny was willing to kill Sawyer. Why kill him if he can just come back to life? And I still believe it's not purgatory. So I am going with either he was not dead to begin with OR he has the ability to heal. Perhaps, like Naomi, it was an injury that could have killed him but he was able to lie there long enough for them to leave and for him to get back up. He smiled and seemed happy to walk into the fence. Juliette did look a little funny when she looked off to where Ethan was buried…but I not convinced what that was about. Maybe he thought if they believed they would be killed too if they crossed the fence, it was a way for him to get away and maybe stop them from discovering the village.

Naomi
“I am not alone”. Who was she with? I believe that Mikhail was expecting her and that is why he was running towards the flare. He is in charge of communicating with the outside world so it makes sense he was the one to come looking for her. I think the Others lost contact with the outside world and knew that after a certain amount of time or perhaps called for help and someone came. Mikhail was after the satellite phone. I am more convinced that she is an Other.

Again, her saying that the wreckage was found and everyone is dead, either a set-up now that she is coherent OR a set-up by the Others. I personally like the time explanation I stated above, but these other 2 explanations are more likely.

Conclusion
Of course, you have probably already seen Wednesday’s episode which probably made everything I am guessing completely wrong. I will send this week's blog in the morning. The end of the season is near. I’m not ready!!! It has been a great season, sans the tattoo and Paulo/Nikkie debacle. I still hate to see it end. Anyway, until next week…er...tomorrow…c-ya!

No comments: